The Accessible Image Sample Book, created by the DIAGRAM Content Working Group, is a free online resource that shows you what some of the many options are for creating accessible versions of digital images such as:
- bar charts
- mathematical expressions
- and more!
- short and long descriptions
- tactile graphics
- audio description
- 3D printing
The book is available to download in both EPUB and HTML formats
- Visit https://github.com/benetech/AccessibleImageSampleBook to download the Accessible Image Sample Book Source files.
- Sign up to be alerted when new versions are posted by sending a request with the Contact Us form. Just put “sample book alerts” in the subject line and you will be signed up.
- If you already have an EPUB reader installed on your computer, then the book may open right up when you download the EPUB file in the GitHub repository. If you don’t already have an EPUB reader, simply download one of the many free readers (see for example a listing on our e-book software guide) or download an ereader extension to your browser, such as the Firefox ereader extension or the Readium Chrome extension. After you install the extension, just save the Accessible Image Sample Book EPUB file to your hard drive, and then drag it into your browser with the extension installed. It should then open.
- If you prefer, you can see the book in HTML format.
- The additional source files mentioned in the EPUB are also available.